Pure Shea Butter
Pure Shea butter
Pure Shea Butter (or Raw shea butter) is obtained from shea nuts of the Karite tree (Tree of Life). This tree is grown only in the savannah of West Africa. The first fruits only grow after 15 years.
Pure shea butter is traditionally handmade by women in rural areas of Ghana. The method is very labor intensive. The shea nuts are sun-dried, roasted, ground and cooked. Shea butter has many therapeutic and medicinal properties, the main ones being:
Vitamin E: an antioxidant that protects the skin and holds moisture. As a result, the skin feels soft and supple and blood circulation in the skin is being stimulated. It helps prevent hair loss and improves hair condition.
Vitamin A: stimulates cell division (anti-aging), heals wounds, improves skin, stimulates the production of collagen and elastin fibers, and reduces coarse pores and acne. Vitamin A also helps sebum production, is good for dry hair and enhances hair cell structure.
Allantoin: helps the healing process of the skin. Allantoin is a natural hair protein which makes for strong and healthy hair.
Pure Shea Butter hair & skin care
How Does it help your hair?
Pure shea butter:
- creates a brilliant shine
- makes your hair feel soft and hydrated
- nourishes, hydrates and strengthens the hair
- provides vitality of dry hair
- softens and recovers a dry and irritated scalp
What does Pure shea butter do for your body ?
Pure shea butter:
- is a wonder for dry skin
- is nourishing and healing for your skin.
- has a beneficial effect on skin conditions, eczema and psoriasis
- ensures improved skin elasticity
- penetrates the skin and makes the skin soft and supple
- stimulates healing processes of the skin
- helps to heal sunburn